AFPREA is a voluntary non-profit international scientific association of researchers and educators. The purpose of AFPREA is to advance research into the conditions of peace and the causes of war and other forms of violence. To this end AFPREA engages in Africa cooperation for the advancement of peace research .
Purpose and Objectives
AFPREA’s mission is to advance research into the conditions of peace and the causes of war and other forms of violence. To this end AFPREA engages in global cooperation for the advancement of peace research by:
- Promoting national and international studies and teaching for pursuit of world peace,
- Facilitating global contacts among scholars and educators
- Encouraging the global dissemination of research results through scientific publications and information on other peace research activities.
To achieve its purpose AFPREA engages in close cooperation with other international governmental and non-governmental organisations in:
- Organising international general and special conferences,
- Assisting in the international cooperation and co-ordination of peace research, including setting up institutions, university programmes and chairs and the exchange of peace researchers,
- Supporting scientific journals, book series, reports and other publications also in social media on peace research,
- Establishing national and regional peace research institutes, programmes, chairs, councils and associations,
- Publishing (disciplinary, multi-, trans- and inter-disciplinary and transformative) scientific studies resulting from AFPREA conferences reflecting high academic standards,
- Directing the attention of scientists and practitioners to emerging aspects of peace research and peace education
- academic freedom,
- Collaborative centric